Blue-green algae is toxic

With our extreme heat please remember that blooms of blue-green algae can be toxic to dogs and most often fatal. If you feel your pet has been in contact with blue-green algae please rinse with freshwater and seek veterinary help immediately.”

For more information check out the Minnesota Pollution Control Center’s website:

https://www.pca.state.mn.us/water/blue-green-algae-and-harmful-algal-blooms#:~:text=They%20are%20normally%20present%20in,illness%20in%20humans%20and%20animals.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s